In Case Of An Accident
EMERGENCY INFORMATION IN CASE OF ACCIDENT
It's very traumatic to be in a collision, but it doesn't have to be disastrous either. Here are some things you can do to make it easier.
Immediately after the collision:
- Take a deep breath. Check to make sure everyone is alright. In case of injuries, call 911.
- Never leave the scene until all matters are settled.
- Only move your vehicle if its position puts you in danger, or you are instructed to by a police officer to do so.
- Give only necessary and requested information to police and other parties involved in the accident.
- If you need roadside assistance, call the number provided by your vehicle manufacturer. You will find the number in your Owner's Manual.
- If your vehicle is to be towed, know where it is to be taken, if you desire, have it towed directly to the Big Lot Body Shop. It is your choice where the vehicle is towed, do not let a tow truck driver tell you where it will go. Get the name and phone number of the tow service. We recommend Henry's Tow Service (417) 882-4559. They have access to our lot 24 hours a day.
- Remove all valuables, insurance information, and registration from the vehicle.
- Collect the other driver's name, address, phone number, driver's license and insurance information, vehicle make, model, year, plate number, and names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- If possible, call your insurance company from the scene of the accident so they can walk you through the information they'll need. Ask the police officer for a case number so you can obtain a copy of the police report.
- The Big Lot Body Shop has an excellent facility, able to repair all makes and models of vehicles. We warranty our paint for defects for as long as you own the vehicle and are now Using Environmentally Friendly PPG Aquabase Products.
- Read the estimate carefully, making sure you fully understand the work being done. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Feel free to call if you have any questions, Paul J. Dittmeier, Body Shop Manager.
Collect this info at the scene of the accident